Does Your Cat Have
Feline Behavior Solutions can help you resolve nearly any behavioral challenge that you and your cat are struggling with. Whether your cat is having a hard time using the litterbox appropriately, or is keeping you up with meowing at all hours of the night, I can help you figure out the cause of the problem and work with you to redirect behavior to more appropriate outlets. Below are the general categories of behavioral issues that I address; if you have an issue that is not listed below, please send me an email so that we can determine what the best course of action is for you.
- Is your cat habitually urinating or defecating outside of the litterbox?
- I can figure out why they dislike the box, or prefer somewhere else to go, and help her change the habit.
- I can help with setting up irresistible litterboxes for your cats!
- Your cat might be spraying walls, doors, clothing, etc.,…but it needs to stop!
- I’ll help determine what is causing your cat to spray, and eliminate those triggers
Aggression and/or Fearful Behavior
- Is your cat hostile to people or other animals?
- Does “playing” with your cat result in bodily injury to yourself or others?
- Is your cat excessively shy or does she hide all the time?
- I’ll help you identify stressors that can cause these issues, and teach you ways of bringing out the best in your cat without reinforcing negative behavior.
- Do you have cats that can’t seem to get along?
- Thinking about integrating a new cat into a family with an existing cat?
- I can help you make successful introductions, or reintroduce cats to each other for long-term peaceful relationships.
- Your cat meows or howls all at any time during the day…or night, and negatively affects your sleep, work, or home life.
- I’ll help determine the cause of the meows, and teach you how to encourage quiet behavior.
Destructive or Unwanted Behavior
- Does your cat claw furniture to shreds, eat or dig up plants, hop up on counters and tables, or something else that drives you crazy?
- I can help figure out the cause for his actions and provide your cat with appropriate alternatives to curb his destructive tendencies!
- Over-grooming, sucking on cloth, eating non-food items and other compulsions can be potentially harmful for your cat.
- I can help you determine why your cat does these things, and stop the habit if it is a problem.
Other Behavioral Issues
- Is your cat doing something not described in this list? Contact me and I’ll let you know if I can help.
- If your cat’s issue is not within my scope of practice, I will refer you to another behavioral specialist or veterinarian; your cat’s safety and well-being are of the utmost importance to me.
Your kitty wants you to subscribe to Feline Behavior Solutions!
When you subscribe to Feline Behavior Solutions, you'll be the first to read new cat behavior articles, learn about events and online classes, and other cat-related tidbits that you'll want to get your paws on! Your kitty will thank you for it! - Dr. Marci 🙂
Pawesome! Please check your email to confirm your subscription to the Mewsletter.